On January 29, 2020, Morneau Shepell will be holding its annual Employers Connect event in Toronto. At this event, business leaders will meet to discuss practical actions, business implications, and requirements for evidence-based solutions in workplace mental health. It’s the perfect day as Bell Canada will also be holding its annual Bell Let’s Talk Day to raise funds for mental health initiatives in Canada. (Every tweet that includes the #BellLetsTalk hashtag is a 5₵ donation!)
At the Employers Connect event, participants will learn about:
- Bell Canada’s ROI on workplace mental health programs,
- Deloitte’s report on the ROI of workplace mental health program,
- Morneau Shepell’s new research results from their workplace mental health survey, and
- Sklar Wilton’s Headway for Healthy Minds at Work program, and the successes and challenges employers are experiencing.
We’re happy to be participating in the Employers Connect event this year. After launching the Headway For Healthy Minds at Work program last May, we have been encouraging business leaders at companies across Canada to make mental health at work a priority, and to share their stories of progress and challenge. We are grateful to be participating in the Employers Connect so that we can encourage more business leaders to take action, share their stories, and inspire action from others. Supporting healthy minds at work is not only the right thing to do, it’s good for business too.
And, feel free to download some of the on-line resources and implementation guides to help you start the conversation about mental health in your workplace.
- The Business Case for Healthy Minds at Workoffers hard facts that show the positive financial impact of implementing mental health programs in the workplace.
- The Resource Roadmap shares information and links to many Canadian organizations that specialize in supporting mental health in the workplace.
- The Employer Guide provides a more integrated and holistic way of thinking about workplace mental wellness.